Friday, May 09, 2014

Gyoza-Ya at The Heeren in Singapore

Gyoza

I'm not a big fan of Akashi. So when I first heard about them opening this place at the basement of the new Robinsons Orchard (260 Orchard Road #B1-02A, 6737-5581), I didn't really make any effort to come here. Still, it came up as a suggestion for dinner tonight, so now was the chance to finally see if it were any good.

It was much better than I had thought it would be. Granted, the gyoza skin was not the texture that I was expecting (and the filling fueled some delightful dragon breath), but ultimately these piping hot things were still fun to eat. Perhaps much more exciting was the jyajya men, the noodles of which were tasty enough that I wolfed down that little bowl in seconds.

Yes, I like this place better than Keisuke's Gyoza King, in part perhaps simply because it kinda feels like I'm being force fed over there. Here, the portions are nice and small, making it easy to come back for a little snack. Either that, or maybe I'll just go over to Ohsho, who still has some of the best gyoza from what I can remember.

No comments: