Sunday, March 16, 2014

Giò Chả Đức Hương Sandwiches

#2 đặc biệt

The shape of that bread may look a bit weird in that photo above, but I guess that was just because I shot it at a weird angle. Basically, it was a "small" version of bánh mì that this shop offered, perhaps analagous to Subway's 6-inch versus footlongs.

Anyway, this was from a new shop that we noticed on our way out of TK Noodle, so we picked one up on our way out to give it a try. And yes, I liked it. Normally I'm not a fan of softer and sweeter bread, but somehow this one worked, perhaps because they buttered up the exterior. I could have inhaled this thing in the blink of an eye.

So yes, in fact I'm inclined to come here rather than Lee's Sandwiches, even if the latter is the more traditional one. BTW, it was only when I looked it up just now did I realize that these guys are a bit of a chain across California. Well, now there's another outlet in San Jose (1020 Story Road #C, 993-8001).

No comments: