Saturday, January 01, 2011

Eating Lee's Sandwiches on the Plane

Bánh mì bì

We hauled a couple of Lee's Sandwiches onto the plane today. I tried a new one this time called bánh mì bì, which I thought was supposed to be filled with pork skin but instead was just shredded pork (I guess that's what the label says after all). It thus wasn't as exciting as I would have hoped, despite an interesting bonus of rice powder. But it sure beat those bags of peanuts.

Man, if airlines just handed out bánh mì in flight, then I'd be happy as a clam. Note to self: the SilverKris Lounge at SFO was disappointingly tiny and without much of a food spread either. I'd rather go to United's Red Carpet Club, although at least the SQ lounge has free internet access even for peanut class passengers.

No comments: