Wednesday, June 26, 2013

La Birrieria in San Jose, California

Birria

I've been meaning to come here for a while now (1480 South White Rd, 258-9612), but I could never quite swing it out to East San Jose. This morning though, I knew exactly where I was going to have breakfast before heading to the airport. I grabbed this half bowl of birria and wolfed everything down, including all of the tortillas (something I don't think I've ever done before).

OK, to be sure, the meat was a bit boring and tasteless. But I hardly ever get a chance to eat this stuff, so I happily slurped it down nonetheless. I'm definitely coming back here too - they had all of my favorite Mexican soups on the menu, including menudo and pozole.

Either way, I need to remember to wear a dark colored shirt next time...or at least tuck a napkin into my collar. For some reason, it's always my nicest shirts that love to attract red splatter that stubbornly refuses to come out in the wash.

No comments: