Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Menudo from La Casa Garcia in Anaheim

Menudo

This place's touristy location (531 West Chapman Avenue, 740-1108) wasn't exactly somewhere that I would have thought worthy of coming to. But a cab driver told an old friend that this place was supposed to be pretty good, and when I noticed that menudo was a specialty of theirs, it was pretty obvious what I was going to get.

The bowl was huge. Keep in mind that I had already eaten at Kogi not that much earlier, so when I saw this gigantic thing, I nearly fainted...and to think that it was all-you-can-eat too!

I liked the taste, especially after decking it out in garnishes (the thing definitely had a lot of mysterious innards inside, which provided a distinct aroma). But it was simply too much food, making me feel bad for barely making a dent in this thing by the time we left.

No comments: