Friday, April 05, 2013

The Market Grill on Telok Ayer Street

Chargrilled Lobster

Last month, I made my way over to Lucha Loco, a Mexican place in Singapore that finally resembled something from back home. This week, I found an American grill that evoked similar feelings, especially when the smell of grilled meat pervaded the place (208 Telok Ayer Street, 6221-3323). I liked the burger so much that I came back again today to try the lobsters that I saw others nibbling on at that time.

It turned out that the lobster wasn't anything that special; it was rather small and wasn't anything that I got me too excited (then again, I guess I've never really been that big on lobster). But that burger that I had the other day with bacon and egg was memorable enough that I'll still come back for some of the grilled meat that I saw on the menu.

Incidentally, this place is run by the same guys as the ones behind Keong Saik Snacks. That explains a few things, including not just the approach to food but the counter style seating. I eagerly look forward to their next venture.

No comments: