Saturday, March 02, 2013

Lucha Loco on Duxton Hill

Quesadilla de Huitlacoche

A few years ago, I pretty much gave up on trying to find good Mexican food in Singapore. Casa Latina and Spruce Taqueria were bearable, but I still preferred to wait until my next trip home instead. So when I heard about this place last year (15 Duxton Hill, 6226-3938), I didn't really think it would be worth the effort either. It wasn't until the other day when I stopped by for a quick bite before going home did I realize how totally wrong I was.

Yes, there is finally a place in Singapore where one can get proper Mexican food, and they do an impressively decent job of it too, even bringing in things like huitlacoche for those quesadillas above (and yes, real corn tortillas...yaaaaayyyy!!!!). I liked it so much that if someone had blindfolded me and told me that I was at a Rick Bayless restaurant, I'd believe him. This place has instantly skyrocketed to become of my favorite joints in town. It's just too bad that they are only open for dinner.

2 comments:

Melvin said...

hello, been trying to find a mexican place in sg. thanks for the tip, i'll be sure to check this out.

Melvin said...

mmm got an error message after the last comment...but this shld also satisfy any chipotle cravings yes?