Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lao Wang Ji Beef Noodle King, Taipei

Beef Noodle

This place (15 Taoyuan Street, 0937-860050) was supposed to be one of the better beef noodle places around town, in part because this was close to where the Nationalist Army was stationed, if I heard it correctly (i.e., noodle lovers from China rather than the local preference for rice). And it was decent, with super tender cuts of beef and a decently savory broth.

Still, it didn't strike me as anything great (not really that spicy), and I think I prefer places like Yong Kang Beef Noodle or Hong Shi Fu over this. But I guess the location was the cool part about it, especially when it was tucked away on a street that is known for this dish, all with the added bonus of being just a couple of train stations away from the hotel.

No comments: