Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hokkaido Soba from Tampopo Deli

Sansai Soba

Tampopo Deli in the basement of Liang Court (177 River Valley Road, #B1-16, 6338-7386) had a big sign today that boasted of some kind of special dashi broth. I immediately wondered if it would be anything like Marusaya, so I ordered a bowl to try it out, complete with an upgrade to some soba from Hokkaido while I was at it.

It wasn't anything that great though, be it the noodles nor the broth. It was only when I looked up at the sign again did I realize that the promotion for the broth ended last weekend, so I guess that meant that they had regressed back to their usual broth instead.

Oh well. Interestingly, it looks like Shakey's Pizza has taken over the former location of Botejyu upstairs. No, it's not exactly anywhere that I'd want to go eat, but somehow I just can't shake those college flashbacks of Mojo potatoes and pitchers of cheap domestic beer!

No comments: