Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yes Natural F&B Vegetarian Restaurant

Fresh Vegetable Noodles in Almond Sauce

I'm not a very big fan of Chinese vegetarian food. But these guys from Geylang had a temporary stall at the basement of Takashimaya today, and somehow the thought of some vegetables with rice noodles sounded worth a try. I guess it wasn't going to be that different from the vegetarian bĂșn that I was planning to get anyway.

They poured an interesting almond sauce on this one. It was nutty, but not as strong as a peanut sauce. If one added some red chili oil, it would have been somewhat reminiscent of Sichuan dan dan mian. Anyway, I probably won't be going to their Geylang outfit given that their normal menu didn't look very interesting. But I was surprised by how much I liked this one.

No comments: