Sunday, March 18, 2012

Haramiya Japanese BBQ, The Central

Karubi Set

Yes, I noticed these guys (6 Eu Tong Sen Street #03-87, 6534-9468) earlier today when I went to Shabu 29 next door. Yakiniku can get darned expensive, so when I noticed that they were doing sets for no more than S$18 (US$15), I was intrigued, especially since the decor was leagues beyond some of those nasty buffets. I thus got my hopes up that I had finally found a place where I could get proper quality yakiniku at reasonable prices, and we went here tonight to see if it were any good.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for, both in terms of portions and quality. The portions in this set were pretty darned tiny, and there wasn't really anything in the food that got me excited about the taste either. Sure, the staff was friendly, service was fast, and the decor seemingly a bit upscale. But there's only so much that they can give you for S$18. At least the a la carte menu had quite a lot of other things available, and at prices that weren't that extreme either. So maybe one day, I'll come back here to do a more proper yakiniku run.

No comments: