Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hangoga, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

Bulgogi

I wasn't planning to come here (10 Bayfront Avenue #B1-01B, 6688-7385). I actually came by to check out the Indian place next door, but when I walked by this place I smelled fatty beef being grilled on a flame. I inexplicably couldn't pull myself away, and somehow found myself sitting at a table waiting for food.

I ended up with this bulgogi, which they brought out on a little hot plate rather than using the proper grill underneath. And it was delicious: thin slices of beef marinated ever so sweetly without being annoying, all resting on slivers of onion that caramelized at the bottom. I gobbled it up in seconds. Too bad the banchan provided was so skimpy though.

Interestingly, these guys appear related to Kraze Burgers - although they are on complete opposite sides of the shopping mall. And the aforementioned aroma that drew me in here? Yep, it stuck to my clothes too. I saw a sign that said that they offered to spray you with some deodorizer after leaving, but I didn't get it.

3 comments:

Nancy O said...

Did you know that your blog was being copied and reproduced as somebody else's blog? Check it out at http://fingersmcginty.blogspot.com/
You can submit a report to google to get it removed from the internet.

bma said...

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like it's more than just one post too! Well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

Unknown said...

going to SG on the 23, would love to try that. how much was it? :)