Monday, August 30, 2010

Vina Acecook's Oh! Ricey Phở Gà

Vina Acecook Oh! Ricey Phở Gà

I don't remember which store I bought this at (it's been sitting in the pantry for a while), but I remember *why* I bought it: it was actually made in Vietnam. I figured that maybe it'd be a bit more truer to form than the instant stuff made by Singaporean brand Koka.

As you can see from the photo though, it wasn't really that different. And this thing was loaded up with so much salt that it probably did me in for the day with this bowl alone. Well, it achieved the goal of providing a thin hot savory soup, which is what I was really after tonight. But I won't bother with it again - clearly it's not the same as the real thing.

1 comment:

Dracoholic said...

I bought the same thing recently, and totally forgot where I bought it from. Maybe it's the salt content that shoots right through you that makes you forget.