Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bill's Cafe, San Jose, California

Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs

Oh man, that pretty much just blew past my cholesterol allowance for the entire day...and all before 8 AM! This was from Bill's Cafe, another group of local breakfast places in San Jose. Open only for breakfast and lunch, the menu featured a number of the requisite morning items, ranging from omelettes to pancakes and even some Mexican items (including michelada, surprisingly).

I would have been happy with something half-decently healthy like a simple bagel and lox, but silly me goes out and grabs one of the most artery-clogging items out there: chicken fried steak, which was not only doused in country gravy, but also came with three eggs, hash browns, and biscuits. Don't worry, doctor: with discipline I navigated myself around two of the egg yolks and most of the gravy, but the other side of me was frustrated at leaving so much of that tasty chicken fried steak uneaten. No, those mini-pancakes in the background were not part of my meal.

No comments: