Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Caviar House & Prunier, Hong Kong

Scottish Salmon

I probably didn't really need to get this given how dinner is going to be served soon on the plane. But I've noticed these guys at HK airport for a while now and was always curious, especially after also having passed by them at Heathrow not long ago too. Plus, with all of the no-so-healthy-food from the past two days, I gave in to curiosity and sat down at the posh bar today to get a light fix, despite having eaten so much salmon last week already.

It came as a bit of a surprise that these guys were sold out today of the Swiss Balik salmon that they seemed so proud of serving here, so I settled for the Scottish salmon instead. Frankly, I wouldn't know enough to be able to tell the difference between the two anyway. Indeed, the rich yet refreshing taste of this one easily satisfied me, even if the salad on the side was dressed a bit too heavily. Well, at least now I have a reference point should I decide to hit these guys up again next time I swing through HK.

No comments: