Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blue Ice Beer from Hong Kong

Blue Ice Beer

Here's an interesting brew that I noticed while transiting here in Hong Kong: Blue Ice, which apparently is from the San Miguel folks, albeit the San Miguel team in Hong Kong rather than the Philippines. Indeed, its watery taste was a bit similar too. So while it was nothing to shout about, I sure preferred this over those nasty ones that I found the other day. Note the retro pull tab in use on these cans.

BTW, is it just me, or has HKIA become more stuffy lately? I mean, I know that it's summertime, and cooling this big airport sure wouldn't be too energy efficient. But I never seem to remember it being so borderline uncomfortable inside before. Maybe I've just had bad luck with their air conditioning during the past few runs that I've gone through HK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how often you go to or transit in HKG, but a couple of years ago they started a campaign encouraging folks to go green by setting the aircon thermostat at 24C or 26C (I forget). It wasn't terribly successful but I remember that most public spaces (malls, offices) went with it.

bma said...

That sounds about right. I just noticed that I had made a passing comment about the air conditioning there about a year ago too. Actually, the temperature is generally fine within the terminal, but the lounges are a bit stuffy given how they are upstairs.