Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cravings During a United Misconnect

Spicy Beef Sate Rice Stick w/Peanut

Delayed flights are never fun, especially when they force you to miss your connecting flight out of the country. That's what happened to me today, although at least it was at SFO. Oddly, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the departure gate closed was, "Damn, Tung Kee sounds pretty damned good right now."

So I headed down to the South Bay to hit up Tung Kee. The San Antonio Shopping Center location in Mountain View seems to have renamed itself to Luu New Tung Kee Noodle, apparently part of an internal family division even though the menus and concept are largely the same. My favorite "#2" seemed a bit mushier today than the ones I usually get at Tung Kee proper, but nonetheless this refreshing bowl of goodness still went down very quickly. Yum.

Arby's Roast Beef SandwichSadly, the other thing that I was craving was an Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich. Before you call me a pig for eating these two things within hours of each other, note that I intentionally got a small bowl at Luu's as well as the smallest version of roast beef at Arby's in order to save stomach space. Gotta love that Horsey Sauce.

No comments: