Monday, June 25, 2007

Saliva Chicken from Hometown Sichuan

Saliva Chicken

Here is the "saliva chicken" from Hometown Sichuan. I'm not sure if it was really new here or not (I don't remember it from before), but it was pretty much what I expected from these guys. And that's in a good way; it was definitely much better than that Crystal Jade place, despite the fact that Hometown left the bones in.

It's been a while since we were last here. They have printed nicer menus (they are bound rather than that single laminate before...ooh!), and the food is generally still just as good, even if the sauteed string beans were a tad soggier tonight than I recall. I'm not sure why I didn't put these guys in my Top 10 list this year; they were always in a tight running with Chuan and could have easily replaced their slot. Maybe I should expand it to a Top 15 next year to make some room.

Yanjing BeerThis was also the second time in Singapore that I've seen a plug for this Yanjing Beer, the so-called "official state beer of China." It tasted like many other beers from China though. I'm not really that big of a fan, and I'm frankly having trouble telling the difference between them all.

No comments: