Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mirchi - Taste of India, Esplanade Mall

Gosht Biryani

It wasn't intentional to come get biryani again so quickly. We just happened to be near the Esplanade when I remembered one of my Indian colleagues telling me that he liked this place (8 Raffles Ave #02-23, 6334-5590), with the biryani incidentally being one of the better ones. Indeed, the rice in this one was pretty darned good. I still prefer Heritage's over this since this one's meat was a little dry, but I'd still easily down this one again.

Murg ChaatThey also had a couple (but very limited) chaat varieties available. The murg chaat in particular stood out to me. It looked like a big messy slop at first, but inside this were juicy slices of chicken slathered in a tangy spicy sauce and paired with raw onion slices. This rocked. I liked this one even better than the biryani. I just wish that the service here were a little quicker.

Well, there's definitely no shortage of high-end Indian restaurants in Singapore. I only realized later that this place is actually run by the people at Harry's. Never would have thought so, eh?

1 comment:

shakester said...

as someone who visits your blog all the time, may I suggest (and though I may have already done so) throwing in the prices when yo write on a place. It really gives perspective..
cheers