Thursday, January 19, 2006

Raj Kachori from Raj

From left: Baigan Korma, Saffron Flavored Rice, and Raita

Raj KachoriOK, maybe I eat here too much, but the chaat is good, and there is still a long list for me to try. Tonight, the waiter recommended the raj kachori, which seemed like a supersized pani puri shell, but filled with yogurt, little beans, etc. In the end, it tasted essentially the same as basket chaat with different beans, but I didn't mind. They were both good.

We also ventured off the chaat menu over to some normal dishes tonight, like the baigan korma eggplant, raita, and the saffron rice. The baigan korma, while not bad, was curry-like and hence reminded me of "ordinary" Indian food. So I didn't eat much of it. The raita was one of the thickest I'd ever seen (as was the lassi). But I sure loved the basmati rice, especially with the butter in it.

1 comment:

shakester said...

try the cheese-dhaniya dosa. excellent.