Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Living Wholesome Vegetarian Thunder Tea Rice

Leichafan

No, this isn't meant to be a leichafan blog, nor is it one about restaurants at Fortune Centre. It's just that these guys (190 Middle Road #01-23) had a rather interesting take on this dish, particularly in that it's caffeine-free.

Yep, that meant that they didn't use tea leaves but rather other herbs. I liked it. The broth was a bit more acidic than it was bitter, but more importantly, each of the individual ingredients were sautéed and seasoned with care, like those small cubes of tofu that they generously put inside. That's separate from the big piece of tofu on top that I added; they fried that to order so that it was piping hot yet delicate.

The care that they put into it all made it good. Next time I want to try their beehoon to see if it's better than LoveLei's version. And I might not pour the soup in to let the individual components shine.

No comments: