
A kaisendon place from Shibuya has opened an outlet down here in Singapore (68 Orchard Road #B1-07, 6219-4846). It's more upscale than its lowly basement location suggests; that entry level bowl above starts at S$29 (US$23) and the prices accelerate from there. At least they give you multiple options for types of rice, vinegar, and ochazuke broth. The seafood is of good quality, including the delicate clams in my ochazuke. Apparently there is quite a bit of labor in hand-cutting the meat from parts like the heads.
But I suspect that the thing that gets this place attention is the visual impact of that meat stacked so high, not to mention the theatrics of the ochazuke portion by pouring in a broth on the countertop. Interestingly, the broth ended up being quite sour, and I am not sure if that's because of the broth or the vinegar in the rice. Well, I am curious about the other rice, vinegar and broth options. I just need someone else to pay. With my wallet, I'd rather go to Sushidan.
No comments:
Post a Comment