Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Joyride Pizza in San Francisco, California

Yolo 'Roni Pepperoni

I had no idea what Detroit-style pizza was supposed to taste like. And it seemed strange to eat Detroit-style pizza in San Francisco. But this new local chain has gotten lots of praise, so I stopped in to try it.

OMG It was sooooo good! The big differentiator was the crust, which was the complete opposite of a proper Neapolitan pizza. It was more like focaccia, or perhaps even better described as having the texture of cake, and yet being deliciously greased up and caramelized on the sides of the pan to form a lovely brown hue. It made for a greasy and rich treat (better than Chicago-style pizza in my opinion, although it's been a very long time since I've had that), especially when those pepperoni discs on top were done to just the right level of crunchiness.

I liked this so much that I might change my plans tomorrow to try some of the other varieties here. That was one of the most unique things I've eaten in a while, and I just loved it.

No comments: