Sunday, August 14, 2022

Ichikokudo Hokkaido Ramen in Singapore

Original Shoyu Ramen

This chain has been around for a number of years now. Yet I never bothered to go there, mainly because their signage features gigantic red prawns in their bowls, and frankly it just looked like way too much of a hassle to have to shell.

Upon closer inspection of the menu though, they had bowls that didn't feature prawns. So I went for their original shoyu, whose only protein was chicken (this place is halal), and whose broth was based on chicken and fish.

The quality of the ingredients, including the skinny noodles, were better than I thought they would be. But the broth had a sweet finish to it. It wasn't so annoying that it deterred me from finishing the bowl, but I won't get it again. I wonder how their orochon bowl tastes though.

No comments: