Saturday, August 28, 2021

The Chicken Karahi from Kebabchi Charcoal BBQ

Chicken Karahi

I was at the Esplanade tonight and figured that I'd swing by Kebabchi afterwards to give the rest of the menu a try. And I'm glad that I did, as that chicken karahi above was awesome, including not just that refreshing ginger-accented gravy (went great with those thick sesame-laden roghani naan), but also those very moist cuts of chicken in there. They made the beef bihari kebabs pale in comparison, even if the beef was crumbly tender too. It looks like he also does a charcoal version of the karahi that gives it a smokier taste, and I definitely have to come back for that, not to mention the many beef specials that he runs midweek, including haleem.

1 comment:

bma said...

I finally tried the charcoal grilled karahi the other day and the meat was surprisingly dry. The gravy was still awesome though.