Tuesday, April 20, 2021

We Desi Indian Bistro at City Gate Mall in Singapore

Murgh Malai Tikka

It might not be obvious from its small appearance, but this shop (371 Beach Road #01-02, 8100-7043) is amazingly good, mainly because of the quality of the ingredients, most of which is homemade, I was told. I knew we were off to a good start when the pani puri came out: the shells were hardy but light and were filled with all sorts of crispy textures inside. The fried Schezwan momos were spicier and chewier than I thought they would be (in a good way), and they even featured homemade bread in their pav bhaji.

The thing that floored me though was that chicken above, as it was so delightfully moist yet lightly charred and also pleasantly rich and creamy that I kept thinking of the awesome murgh pasanda at Awadh. I was also a big fan of the pindi chhole, a Punjabi chickpea curry that arrived in a nice small portion. The only things that I didn't get that excited about were a mutton curry and mutton kebab - not because they weren't good, but just because everything else was so much more memorable. I'm definitely coming back.

No comments: