Sunday, March 28, 2021

My Awesome Cafe on Telok Ayer Street

My Awesome Vegetarian Sandwich with Goat Cheese

I was always kinda curious about this place. On the outside, it looks like an old Traditional Chinese Medicine shophouse called the Chung Hwa Free Clinic, retaining all of the original - and boldly written - signage outside. But it's actually a café that's usually packed with people; I didn't even realize that its name was My Awesome Cafe until I looked it up on Google Maps (202 Telok Ayer Street, 8798-1783).

The retro theme continued inside with old school wooden and steel pipe-based furniture from around the island, as well as brown glass tableware from Malaysia. The menu was mostly café food like that salad-meets-open-faced-sandwich thing above. I didn't like it enough to come back for it, but there were some duck-based items that sounded like they might be fun to wash down with all of the booze that they had available.

No comments: