Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Few Items from Don Don Donki

Devil Onigiri

Here were just a few things from Don Don Donki that I've tried this past week, the first of which was labeled as being "the most addictive onigiri you've ever tasted," as it was interspersed with tempura bits and sauce. But I could hardly taste it, and honestly struggled to find it addictive. I'd much rather have my onigiri filled with the kick of some mentaiko or ume instead.

Amanatsu

They're also doing a citrus promotion right now, featuring varieties like dekopon and also with handy labels about how they taste. I grabbed these amanatsu because it said that it was "very sour but rich in vitamins." It turned out to be like a grapefruit, with a thick skin and slightly bitter taste. But I like grapefruit, and was happy to gobble this down after a meal.

Noriten

Finally, these huge bags of seaweed fried in tempura batter were conveniently placed just before heading to the cashiers. I balked at the S$9.90 (US$7.35) price at first, but am glad I still bought it, because these were deliciously salty. Really, the salt was the best part of these, as it propelled these savory crispy grease bombs. I just wish it didn't cost so much.

No comments: