Thursday, February 25, 2021

A Pair of Michelin Stalls at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre

Fruit Juice Mi Siam

I don't often go to Hong Lim, and it looks like I've been missing out. There are some interesting things there, like this Bib Gourmand stall called Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa (531A Upper Cross Street #02-66). Sure, he has laksa, but he also has a fruit juice-based mee siam above. It was delicately tangy and refreshingly light, even if I wished that the prawns were a bit fresher.

Curry Chicken Bee Hoon

There was also a Michelin-listed stall down the way called Ah Heng at stall #02-58. They sold a piping hot and rich curry noodle that was topped with cold yet tender chicken breast. It seemed like an odd mash-up at first, but I liked the chili oil that they provided, even if it seemed out of place too. It looks like there are quite a few other Michelin-listed stalls here, but I didn't have enough stomach space to try them.

No comments: