Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Angie's Tempeh in Singapore

Angie's Tempeh

Very cool. These guys make fresh unpasteurized organic tempeh from scratch. They deliver it several days after you order, arriving warm as a result of its internally generated heat. And they go beyond soybeans to include chickpeas, buckwheat, and even quinoa versions! I tried all four, and liked the buckwheat the best given that it can get nice and crispy after pan-frying with some olive oil. The quinoa was up there too, in part because of how fine it was, but also simply because I like quinoa. The soybeans weren't as exciting of course, but the beans that they used were still delicious. The chickpeas were my least favorite, as they were more about bulk than taste. So yes, I'll happily order from them again, but I'll pass on the chickpeas.

1 comment:

abubblybubble said...

interesting! i wouldn't have guessed chickpeas for tempeh :)