Friday, August 14, 2020

The Wicked Garlic in Singapore

Spaghetti aglio olio con acciughe 

Just as the name suggests, this small chain just stanks of garlic, and my face clenches up every time that I've passed by (i.e., it's excessive). But today I needed a fast meal, and I figured that I'm not meeting anyone in person in the middle of a pandemic anyway, so I might as well eat some garlic now while I can.

It was better than I thought it would be, especially since the noodles were cooked firmly, and they weren't shy about using lots of oil. But it was a tad sweet, and I suspect that it would've been more aromatic had they used more dry chili peppers.

In that sense, CiBO Italiano's aglio olio was much better. I nonetheless inhaled this thing in less than five minutes, and it was much cheaper than CiBO too.

No comments: