Wednesday, March 13, 2019

B & Best Restaurant in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Seafood Soup

Some local colleagues today said that they wanted to take me to this seafood soup place (12 Jalan SS4c/5, +60-12-2060778). I had no idea what seafood soup was, but it certainly looked encouraging when we arrived, with lots of fresh seafood on display and an occasional whiff of stir-fried shellfish in the air too.

It turned out that it was Teochew noodles, but with a huuuuge selection of seafood, including at least ten different cuts of fish as well as a bunch of shellfish and other toppings that you could spike it with, like fried tofu skin, pork lard, and fried fish roe. The sambal was nice and stanky too.

If I come here again though, I need to remind myself not to get kway teow soup, as it made everything too flat; instead, I should try the rice soup or even dry noodle. The bright green calamansi juice with salted plum is pretty good too.

No comments: