Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Giapo in Auckland, New Zealand

Giapo

I'm not exactly one to hunt down an ice cream shop, but I was in the mood for a dessert and I'm glad I made it here (12 Gore Street, 09-550-3677). See, you can't just walk into this shop and place an order: you have to stand for at least 10-15 minutes to let them explain to you all of their various options for ice cream, including not just a taste test of every flavor that they had to offer, but also upgrades that in some cases were a bit over-the-top (like a cone with an edible picture frame so that you can take a selfie with it). I landed on a couple of flavors that I liked, including one featuring hazelnuts and another featuring coconut, shoved into my choice of a Maori fried bread. It was good, but also wayyyy too much for me to finish on my own.

No comments: