Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Cheeseburger Grille and Tap Room in Wailea, Maui

Cheeseburger With An Attitude

Cheeseburger in Paradise is a shop up in Lahaina that I've heard about for ages, but have never been to. Fortunately, they opened an outlet down here in Kihei (3750 Wailea Alanui Drive, 808-874-8990), albeit under a slightly different name due to a (unsurprising) clash with Jimmy Buffett. It sounded amazing, with its "five napkin" burger featuring local beef from the big island of Hawaii. I was really looking forward to coming here, but it turned out that my expectations were too high.

When it was pitched as a five napkin burger, I was expecting a drippy mess. Sure, it had a bit of grease and mayonnaise to make it fun, but it really only took one napkin. That said, I still inhaled this thing in minutes, as everything shoved inside of that soft brioche came together well, all washed down by a nice selection of local beer on tap, no less. The beef was tender too, even if it wasn't anything mindblowing. The only thing I didn't like were those crunchy seasoned fries.

No comments: