Thursday, August 02, 2018

China's Tongue Tip Lanzhou Beef Noodles in Singapore

Signature Beef Noodles

A Lanzhou beef noodle chain from China has opened at Tiong Bahru Plaza (302 Tiong Bahru Road #02-107), and it was delicious. The beef was tender, the broth had a nice bouquet of spices (I'm not talking about the chili oil), and there is a wide selection of hand-pulled noodles to choose from. I slurped mine up in seconds, even if the noodles were a tad on the soft side.

Dry Noodle

Yep, I liked it enough to go for another one. Now, that dry mazesoba-like bowl above sat in a rather sweet mixture underneath. But like at Kajiken, you could spike it with a good dose of vinegar to cover it up. I think I'll be coming here quite a bit; the service is fast, and the food is up there with some of the better beef noodle shops in my books, even if the broth is not as beefy as Liu Shandong in Taipei.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks really yummy! You must be a noodle lover!