Monday, March 26, 2018

Alvy's in Kennedy Town, Hong Kong

Ma-La-Di-Da

If it weren't for Eater's 15 Hottest New Restaurants List, I never would've known about this pizza place way out in Kennedy Town (8 Holland Street, 2312-2996). And I probably wouldn't have known that the "Ma-La-Di-Da" pizza with "Ma La Tomato" was showered with dried chili peppers and Sichuan peppercorns.

But it seemed almost everyone was ordering this. And the dish certainly made sense, as I usually spend so much time sprinkling chili pepper flakes on pizzas that I might as well just load it up with whole chili pepper pods instead. It was basically laziji, but on pizza instead of chicken.

Now, I'm not sure if the pizza ultimately went that well with it though...it almost seemed kinda forced. That said, I happily devoured it (including most of the chili peppers!), especially when washed down with the many beers that they had on tap.

No comments: