Wednesday, August 19, 2015

G-Woo Restaurant in Taipei, Taiwan

Shredded Pork and Scallion Pancakes

I was told that this place does a chicken broth that they stew to a milky white color, so I suggested it for lunch today (63 Dunhua South Road Section 2 Lane 81, 02-2704-3038). Yeah, I guess I liked the refreshing soup in that that huge claypot, especially since it was spiked with pig's feet for some extra oomph. Apparently you could request more refills of soup, tofu, and veggies later, even though the flavor got thinner with each iteration.

I liked the other dishes too, like that shredded pork above. One way to eat it was to wrap it up in those scallion pancakes next to it, kinda like mu shu pork. There was a blazingly spicy noodle that was pretty fun to eat too. But as good as this place was, I don't really need to come back. It's one of those places that I could just place a check mark next to and prioritize my time finding somewhere else to go to next.

No comments: