Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boulette's Larder, San Francisco, California

Scrambled Eggs with Seafood Pavé

After an unsuccesful attempt yesterday, I managed to grab breakfast here (1 Ferry Building Marketplace, 399-1155) before scrambling to the airport this morning. And I'm so glad that I did. This was not only the best meal of the trip, but was probably one of the best meals that I've had in a while...and this is all coming from someone who normally skips breakfast.

The key difference here is the quality of the ingredients. All of it just shone through, be it the quality of the eggs and butter or the herbs and seafood in the little crabcake-like pavé. Yum...I wish I had eaten here every morning this week. Oh - and in case you're wondering, a "larder" is basically just a pantry, as I just found out myself. :)

No comments: