Monday, April 26, 2010

Gourmeto's Pizza, Orlando, Florida

Pizza, Buffalo Wings, and Miller Lite

Oh man, I haven't had to order this kind of stuff in a long time. Our flight got diverted to West Palm Beach tonight given that thunderstorms had shut down Orlando airport for a couple of hours. By the time I finally got to the hotel, I was exhausted and hoping to grab a quick bite at the bar. But the bar had stopped serving food, so that meant it had to be room service (this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and there's absolutely nothing walkable from here).

But they started shutting down room service at midnight due to the recession, so the only choice was a list of delivery places. One of the only places open this late was a place called Gourmeto's (8216 World Center Drive, 407-465-1818). And what kind of food is usually delivered at such a late hour? None other than pizza in a cardboard box. I added some buffalo wings in order to meet the minimum delivery criteria, and suddenly college flashbacks came screaming back to me.

Well, the good thing was that it came very fast and was still piping hot. And I actually didn't mind it as much as I thought I would, even though it was totally soggy after sitting in that enclosure all of this time. (It's been a while since I've had any Miller Lite too.) It definitely wasn't healthy, but I guess it was a quintessential American late night delivery experience. Maybe I should try to get a rental car.

1 comment:

FN said...

Holy shit, you never stop moving, do you? Pretty amazing travel schedule.