Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yakitori Bento from Kushigin

Yakitori Bento

I normally don't go for lunchtime bento boxes. But I was in the neighborhood today and realized that I hadn't been to Kushigin in ages, so I went in and picked this yakitori bento out of the bunch.

It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Underneath the assortment of skewers on the left were my usual raw veggie sticks with miso paste, while under the meat and mushrooms on the right was a bed of rice, complete with tsukemono in the corner. It was pretty much everything I would have ordered a la carte anyway, and all for the bargain price of only S$12.50 (US$8).

My only gripe was that it was a bit slow for a time-sensitive workday lunch, but hey - my belly was satisfied and full when I left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first reaction to the pic was that it looked exactly like the bento I had at Nanbantei on Sunday.

Then read your earlier post on Kushigin to realise that the chef's from Nanbantei.

But your bento seems to have been better than mine juding from your post coz' mine was overBBQed.