Sunday, December 18, 2005

SQ's Book The Cook Ribeye

6 oz. U.S. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes

Ugh. Using SQ's Book the Cook service, I pre-ordered the "6 oz. U.S. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes." And when I got on the plane today, the "regular" menu today looked rather boring, so I was patting myself on the back for having the foresight to Book the Cook. That turned out to be premature. The ribeye that I got wasn't anything great; it wasn't moist, it wasn't thick, and it relied too much on the sauce than actually using the natural flavor of the meat. Granted, I shouldn't have expectations of Morton's on an airplane, but even just the physically drab appearance of this thing was a turn off.

Some prawn starter

I guess I just set my expectations too high. I still ate most of it (the prawn starter was pretty good), and it sure beat typical airline meals, but I definitely won't be craving this thing anytime soon. SQ also didn't serve their satay starter today; I guess that's just for long haul flights.

No comments: