Monday, May 30, 2005

Erich's Wuerstelstand off Smith Street


Cool. I read about this guy for years- some Austrian dude who set up a wiener stand off Smith Street, where is surrounded by hawkers in Chinatown, sticking out like a sore thumb. But mmm, are his sausages good! Just the right crispness of the skin, the right amount of grilling, and (in the case of a cheese weiner), a nice creamy cheese filling. I eagerly await my next visit to his stand, when I hope to get kraut and a pretzel too.

Just beware - he's not open for lunch, so don't make the same mistake as I made, trying to head down there in office attire sweating in the searing heat only to find out that he was closed - and not having any other choice but Chinese food, being smack in the middle of Chinatown (when I really wanted German sausages instead).

1 comment:

Frank N. Furter said...

You're right. The sausages are very tasty.
Now you can checkout the lastest from Erich's Wuerstelstand on his Blog. Check it out: http://wuerstelstand.blogspot.com