Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sushi Matsuo at Goldhill Plaza Mall in Singapore

Maguro Natto

This cozy little unassuming sushi place usually commands some pretty long lines at lunchtime (1 Goldhill Plaza #01-17, 6356-2603). I couldn't figure out why, as the menu didn't look that interesting, and the prices weren't particularly cheap either. Presumably it was just a good location for nearby office workers? Nonetheless, I was able to walk in this afternoon to finally give it a shot.

I think it's the plentiful seafood that draws people here. Not only did I see other diners near me being served decent amounts of fish, but my miso soup came with two prawn heads. That maguro natto above came with big chunks of tuna, not to mention tororo and lots of seaweed too. But the quality of their tempura batter wasn't anything to get excited about, and I don't really plan to go back.

No comments: