Friday, August 16, 2019

Butter Chicken and Kadhi from Jaggi's Northern Indian Cuisine

Butter Chicken and Kadhi

I haven't been to Jaggi's in ages. But it came up in discussion the other day, when a colleague mentioned that Jaggi's is the only Indian restaurant that she'll eat at in Singapore. I thus hopped on over and grabbed their butter chicken, which is still just as mindblowingly good as it was before, with a rich and tangy gravy infused with the smokiness of the tandoor.

But I was a bit disappointed with their chickpeas and kebabs, the latter of which were reheated in the microwave and were just uninspiring. So she told me to get the Punjabi kadhi, a yellow curry made with yogurt and chickpea powder. And it was indeed delicious, being mildly sour from the yogurt. So now that's my winning combination here: butter chicken and kadhi along with a plate of plain rice.

No comments: