Thursday, September 07, 2017

The Bianca con Kale Pizza at Casa Verde, Singapore

Bianca con Kale Pizza

The only time I'd been to Casa Verde, it was actually for Mui Kee Congee from Hong Kong instead. I'd never actually had their Italian food here, but was kinda curious as I had heard decent things about it, especially since it was from the Les Amis folks. We happened to be at Singapore Botanic Gardens this afternoon, thus making this place an easy choice for a casual dinner at the end of the day.

I went for this kale pizza, which included everything that I would normally like, including tomato, artichoke, shallots, and Parmesan cheese. But it looked and sounded better than it tasted. The kale didn't harmonize with the rest of the ingredients, and if anything just got in the way. Worse, the shallots weren't grilled, fried, nor broiled like I had imagined they would be. Instead, they were pickled, and thus sweet. Ugh.

No comments: