Friday, May 12, 2017

Hi-Five in Vancouver's Gastown District

Melter Skelter

When I saw this place on Google Maps, I thought it was a bit odd. It was listed as a sandwich shop that only opened at 8 PM. Who the heck would go to a sandwich shop in the evening?

It was only after I made it to Gastown did I realize how brilliant of an idea it was. See, Gastown has a vibrant nightlife full of bars and restaurants. And this place (30 East Cordova Street, 778-379-3544) specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches. Put the two together and you get the idea: sell deliciously salty, greasy, and toasty warm grilled cheese sandwiches late at night near the pubs and you'll get crowds flocking to you.

Mine featured pepper jack, pickled jalapenos, cilantro, and BBQ chips inside, and I devoured it in seconds. I nearly could've gone for a second one. Seriously, how come there aren't more places doing this?

No comments: