Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Kimberley Street Duck Kway Chap in Penang, Malaysia

Kimberley Street Duck Kway Chap

Kway chap isn't usually a dish that I would get on my own. But this place in George Town (Lebuh Kimberley, +60-4-432-5326) is apparently famous for the stuff, and I'm glad that we came. Rather than sitting in some overpowering soy sauce-based broth, this stuff was light. And the mix of innards were done so nicely that they were a pleasure to eat, be it the intestines, pig ears, or whatever the heck else I was eating; there wasn't any excessive offal taste in there. It came with the added bonus of some thick flat rice sheets in there, garnished with some roasted garlic and celery leaves. Even the chili sauce surprised me in a good way: it was a tad sweet, but not offensively so. Granted, this still wouldn't be my first choice of places to eat at again, but I'm glad that I ate it.

No comments: