Monday, December 19, 2016

Japan Rail Cafe at Tanjong Pagar Centre, Singapore

Kaisen Avocado Don

I randomly came across this place this afternoon (5 Wallich Street #01-20) and was a bit puzzled by the name. It turns out that I should have just taken it literally. It's an overseas JR ticket office with a cafe attached, highlighting different regions of Japan. They are still in soft launch mode with a limited menu, but I got this kaisendon, which wasn't anything special aside from the broth that accompanied it to make an ochazuke.

I mean, the ingredients were fresh and the ikura were tasty, but otherwise it just tasted like it looked and definitely wasn't anything that would rush back for, especially since they seemed to have forgotten the scallops in my bowl today. Still, I don't mind trying the curry here one day, as well some of the beer on tap. I doubt I'd ever buy a JR ticket here though.

No comments: