Monday, December 12, 2016

A Char Koay Teow Comparison at Batu Ferringhi Night Market

Penang Char Koay Teow

I've never been to Batu Ferringhi Night Market before, so I went exploring tonight. I walked all the way up and back down the main drag before finally landing on a rickety little shack on the side of a dirt road on the southwest end of the street, as it seemed to be catering more towards locals. His char koay teow seemed to have ketchup in there, but fortunately he threw in some of those skinny green pickled chili peppers to perk it up, which helped given that the shrimp weren't that fresh either.

Penang Char Koay Teow

I still needed more food though, so I went back up the street to one of those touristy-looking open air food courts, finding another char koay teow lady that fortunately was much better. Her noodles were delightfully smoky and the shrimp were very fresh. I should've gotten a larger size; the small one was so tiny that it was almost as if she were trying to tease you to eat more. Either way, I'm really liking the way they do this dish up here in Penang.

No comments: