Wednesday, December 07, 2016

A Bit of United Airlines' New Polaris Service

Seared Turbot

United launched its new Polaris service in the past week. It's still a partial deployment; my flight from San Francisco still used the old lounge and the old seats. But that didn't stop them from bringing in the new bedding from Saks Fifth Avenue: soft and smooth, complete with two pillows and a mattress cushion...and even a little stuffed teddy bear.

There were also the new meals: tonight's featured a sliced duck appetizer with just the right amount of tasty fat accompanying it. I also selected that seared turbot above, which sat on a delicious risotto. I may be exaggerating a bit, but I'd nearly be willing to pay for that at a restaurant. I never thought I would ever say that about an airplane meal.

No comments: